Monday, October 31, 2016

Do Hyun Lim/ 6th Post / Tues 9-11 AM

Task 4.2

After entering the bus, my tense body becomes relaxed again as I feel the warmth in the air. I sit down and close my eyes as planned to do the exercise. The roaring sound of the bus become louder and louder as it accelerates while I feel the backward pressure. To get myself comfortable, I put one of my arm alongside the window. Suddenly, chill enters through my elbow up to my pinky. Nevertheless, I still remain in that position since the coldness is still bearable and other positions will be less comfortable. Then, it seems the bus has met a red light and starts to stop. I could feel the forward thrust for about half a second and it stops. After the stop, the bus starts to quiver as if it is tickling my back. I feel relieved after the bus gets going again, and I still keep my eyes closed hoping to get some sleep for the next hour of the ride.

 

Task 4.4

A ten-minute bike ride from my house through the forest, an incredibly wide asphalt field which could even fit a football field is visible. The place is surrounded by trees and bushes and I could smell the fresh air, particularly after rainfalls. The plants could not penetrate inside to the field though because it was surrounded by wooden plank with a metal fence at the top. I could only guess what it was used for because I could rarely see people even passing by. The broken and torn metal fences and the tainted paint on the wood only makes it more mysterious. The place could be used for various purposes. It made an ideal place for relaxation with the calm mood provided by the plants and birds in the forest. The large field provided me a rare opportunity for great thrill where I could ride the bicycle at high speeds, even with both hands off the handle.

 

2 comments:

  1. I felt empathy on your last phrase in Task4.2 "I still keep my eyes closed hoping to get some sleep for the next hour of the ride." because I also always try to get some sleep whenever I get on public transportation.

    One suggestion: it would be more vivid if there are more detail about what you heard such as voices of people in bus.

    Changyu Kang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Present tense used in the Task 4.2 makes me feel as if I was on that place right next to you. And the situation in the bus you've described might be a common experience for most of the readers which can make them identify themselves with you and feel themselves in the story.
    In the Task 4.4, I think the mysterious feeling and feelings of relaxation collides each other. I made me confused when drawing the image in my thought. And I think the reason you've chose and mentioned the place is missing. Why did you pick that place in the Task 4.4? Why was the place meaningful for you?

    201203589 Choi, Won-joon

    ReplyDelete