Sunday, October 9, 2016

Choi, Won-joon/Task 3.2 (p.74)/Narrative Composition(2) Tuesday & 09:00~11:00

"Sorry, I'm busy now." A cold voice drew my attention. He walked away and there stood a man and a woman. They didn't look disappointed at all as if they were accustomed to those kinds of rejection. It was near Gwanghwamun Station and I was passing by in front of them. As soon as I saw them I knew what they were doing. Honestly, I don't like those kinds of people. But, at that moment, I came up with my writing subject "to observe people". They became my guests and I started to follow them behind 10 meters carefully and secretly.

Firstly, I focused on the woman.

<The woman looks like a typical Korean woman in her thirtieth, not that tall or fat. She has shoulder-length hair, looks quite tidy and nothing seems to be strange…>

Taking a simple note on my small piece of paper, I was following them. Meanwhile, they kept finding their new targets and tried to talk with them. Walking towards Jong-gak Station, they tried conversation with three persons. Two of them were men and one was woman, who just ignored them.

I continued my note-taking walking behind them, this time about the man.

<He seems to be in his twentieth. He is about 180 centimeter tall…>

"And he looks skinny… and… what?!"

All of a sudden, they stopped, turned around and looked back. Her eyes were staring at me. She said something to her partner and he nodded. I tried to calm myself down, put paper in my pocket and kept walking. Eager to show them I was busy doing something else, not sneaking behind them, I took out my phone and clicked Kakaotalk, Naver, and any other apps I could see.

"Can I talk to you? We were passing by and saw a great luck in your face. How old are you?"

Thanks God, I was simply another target. And I could observe them closer.

We were standing there for different goals against each other.

"Do you know you have a really bad luck this year? We are here to tell you that you need to be careful. Blah blah…" She continued but my eyes were busy looking into the man.

"His dark face is small that it seems a little bit unnatural. His sky blue shirts and wide gray pants are crumpled a lot. He is wearing light gray color New Balance shoes, and why isn't he saying just a word?" I thought.

I saw every part of their appearance. After that, I couldn't bear any longer. I don't like those kinds of people because of their eyes and airs, and they were not that different. Their eyes looked like those of a snake and their airs made me feel like they were possessed by something else. It made me feel uncomfortable and somehow creepy. At last, I said goodbye heartlessly and almost ran away. 

2 comments:

  1. Well it could be my problem, but I couldn't get any identification of those people from the begining of your essay even though you mentioined something about them.
    Your essay writing style is different from other's because others soley focus on the object's appearance or things related to it, but it seemed like you put yourself as a main character in you essay.
    I also really hate those people.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your essay is so realistic and it makes me imagine the situation. you know, it is quite common situation especially in our university. I hate them. However, Our assignment in this time was about using metaphor. So I guess your expressions in essay is short of specific information about weird(?) people. It was interesting to read. thank you.

    Hyeonju Oh

    ReplyDelete