Friday, October 7, 2016

Kweonho Lee/Task 3.2 (p.74)/Narrative Composition(2) Tuesday & 09:00~11:00

 WHAM! He slammed the door on his way out. Irritated by the startling noise, everyone in the library looked back to see the careless man. There was this fat man with a beer belly who didn't seem to care at all about the stares in the back of his head. The tubby man looked just like a Kung Fu Panda. He was wearing oversized track pants which were more like baggy pants. The size seemed to fit his big body, but the length was too long for him despite the fact that he had rolled up the end. He was also wearing a white T-shirt on the top which was not so white. I could tell the shirt was kind of thin because I unwillingly saw his nipples and big belly through it. His permed hair was tangled together with unbearable grease as if he hadn't shampooed it for weeks. The beard was well shaved compared to the bristly mustache under his flat nose.

 As he went around dragging his flip-flops, he stopped in front of a coffee machine. After he inserted a few coins, he received his coffee in a paper cup. The steam from hot coffee made his eyeglasses foggy every time he had a sip while he was walking. Then he searched his pocket with his left hand and took out a cigarette packet. He held a cigarette between his lips and went outside.

 He sat down on a bench which was the nearest to the entrance door. He lit his cigarette and checked his phone. As cigarette smoke slowly spread through the air, he went through his phone with a serious face as he was searching for a number. After a while, he had the phone to his ear.

 "Hey, what's up?" A big smile spread across his face as he was talking to his friend on the phone. "Yeah, yeah, I haven't seen you in a while. Of course! We should hangout this weekend." His happy face and excited voice were somewhat contradictory to his shabby look at the moment. He looked just like a little kid giggling with a flush of pure red in his cheeks except he had a huge body. As soon as he hung up the phone, he was po-faced again as if his life was full of worries.

After dropping his cigarette to the floor and crushing it down, he put his earphone on and started to listen to music. The volume of the earphone was loud enough for me to hear the lyrics although I was a few steps away from him. He kept tapping his feet on the ground as he was listening to hip hop music. His feet looked relatively white compared to his dark skin. He stayed there about 10 more minutes and went back into the library.

 

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe that it was the library where you saw him. When you mentioned his phone call, I doubted on myself that I read wrong. I had to go back and checked it once again that it was the library. Anyway, he is clearly impressive person to describe.
    I like the way you open your writing. It is so attractive that I become curious about what's next. You made him so realistic so I think I saw him somewhere... It was easy to imagine. Thanks for nice story.

    201003163 Yousun Jung

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that you are good at making scenes vivid. The sound expression 'wham' that you used in the first line is really powerful. By that expression, I can concentrate on your story and think like 'what is going on?'. And the way you citing quotations is also helpful to read. I think that you read the task(our assignment) well.

    Especially, I really like your description on smoking. Although I hate smoking in real life, your expression 'As cigarette smoke slowly spread through the air...' Is really wonderful. It is slow and calm. I love that mood. It is sure that the man is not that kinds of person.

    Hyeonju Oh

    ReplyDelete