Sunday, October 9, 2016

Changyu Kang/Description Assignment (p. 75)/Narrative Composition(2) Tuesday & 09:00~11:00

The prettiest girl I'd ever seen


I ran to train's door about to almost closing. "The door is closed" broadcaster said, and I saved! I safely got on a line number 5 headed to Jongro-3-Ga station and comforted myself by the fact that I won' be late to appointment. The train was not that crowded because it was late morning and people in train seemed relaxed and eased. I naturally observed people in detail. One gentleman in front of me was reading a book with a serious look. I couldn't know his height because he was sitting near the door, but he looked very neat. He wore glasses and his suit seemed very expensive. I turned my eyes to next person wondering title of the book. Person next to him was a young madam with little baby on her knee. Her big eyes was filled with love. She was smoothing down her baby's hair. It was hard to recognize whether baby was boy or girl, but I guessed girl because of her pink clothes. This little angel was sleeping peacefully in her mother's arms. The train stopped at the station and people came into train. I turned my eyes to the door with smile to check where I am now. And one girl caught my eyes.


She was the prettiest girl I had ever seen. She looked 20~22 and was wearing causal clothes. Jeans, sneakers with light makeup, she was shining in the train though. She had beautiful eyes and her hair moved naturally along with her head. She was much smaller than me, I guessed her height about 160~161cm. This cute girl seemed a university student like me. I saw her bag whose zipper was slightly opened, and there are many books including kind of a company brochure. Maybe she is a job seeker who is about to graduate. She was looking at her smartphone and frequently checked the station. She looks little busy and didn't put on her eyes to other people. Yes, at first I was interested in her because of her beauty and the reason why I am getting curious about her was also because of it, but at that time I did want to know about her. Also It sounds like I am stalker and very cheesy, but I felt we had met before. 
The train was at Seodaemun and we left 2 stations until Jongro-3-Ga only if she would not left at Gwanghwamun. I have only 3~4 minutes to start a conversation or at least get her number. In few seconds my head exploded because of fight between honest feeling and decency. "Get her number!" "No! you are gonna be dumped!" while two voices are buzzing in my head, she left at Gwanghwamun. Everything's done. I felt I blew my chance of life. I really regretted not even trying. I could not get rid of her all day.


This event happened in 2014 and later I could know about her more because I saw her in TV. Now she is member of Twice, famous idol group in Korea. At that time she was not university student nor job seeker. One thing clear is I would be probably dumped if I tried to get her number or something. Her name is Na-Yoen and we can see her whenever we want through TV. I am not big fan of Twice but whenever I see her in TV I recall the event happened in 2014 and smile. It is a 'event' actually, rather a memory of one person. But I guess I can't forget this memory for a long time.

2 comments:

  1. I think I would fell for her right away too if I saw Nayeon in the train! I'm so jealous of you. Anyway, focusing on your writing, at first I thought your story was about the old guy and a woman with a baby. You described them in detail, and when I was about to be absorbed in your story, baam! the girl showed up. So, I was a little confused. Also, I felt that instead of her looks or appearances, you kind of focused on how you felt about her. But I enjoyed your writing and it was definitely an interesting event!

    Yukyung Bang

    ReplyDelete
  2. 201101787 Gitae Shin

    I guess the way you developed your story kept my eyes on your essay. For example, before you actually see her for the first time, you described the surroundings with relatively calm and peaceful way. However, right after your eyes were fixed on her, interlinked with a short period of time before you getting off, I could feel your urgency and anxiety.

    ReplyDelete