Sunday, October 16, 2016

Gitae Shin/Essay Assignment (p.77)/Narrative Composition(2) Tuesday & 09:00~11:00

Thanks for your incessant and heartfelt support

"Hello? Is this Gitae? How many meals did you have for today? The experts from news articles said that breakfast is the most important meal!"
"But I don't have breakfast everyday because I want to sleep more. Don't worry. I will do it by myself. Just promise me that you will eat healthy food, drink less alcohol, and smoke less!"
His voice is always high on the phone. That high pitch from my cell phone's speaker makes me frown my eye browses still now, but I am really used to it comapred to the past. His hearing, indeed, has been getting worse and worse every year. In my opinion, it seems he probably thinks that he should speak out loud for other people to hear his voice as he cannot hear other people's voice clearly.
Unlike his hearing, considering his age, he has quite affluent hair. His white hair always shines and glitters. It almost covers his hair skin. I think he is quite proud of the fact that he has more hair than any other people around his age. Maybe that is why he always tries to make it look tidy and neat with his precious comb.
A brown cane has been his frind for more than 2 years and it helps him walk. He really liked to walk around. Well I think he still does, but it rarely says to me to go out for walk. As I said, it has been almost 2 years.
He used to be like a big and strong tree. He was always there and ready to give me his his hand if I needed it. He was like a calm lake which made me feel comfortable and feel like taking a rest there. Just like a big tree has its shade and people rest under it, he gave me his shade enough to cover me.
"Son, you gotta go to the hospital. Nobody is available now. I will join there as soon as possible.
I ran to the emergency room in the hospital and found him lying on the bed. He had a few scratches and I could see bloodstain all over his body. He was unconscious. He muttered something like a old and sick dog moaning.
"Grandpa, are you okay? Can you hear me?"
He did not reply but just made a sound that I could not understand.
Although he recovered, after that, he could not be what he used to be. Ever since, my big old tree became a weak and damaged little tree which needed my hands. What makes me even more sad is that he, still now, puts me before him and I cannot do anything for him except me listening to him.
I will not tell a lie. His phone call is annoying from time to time. Nevertheless, I do not hang up the phone until he finishes it. By any chance, if I think it is annoying, I say to my self "You have given me incessant and hearful love so far. I have not had a single chance to repay it. There are so many things I want to give you. My weak and litle tree, please, do not go away until the time comes. It won't take that long."

1 comment:

  1. 1. He nags a lot out of love for his grandson.

    2.
    -How many meals did you have for today?
    -Just promise me that you will eat healthy food, drink less alcohol, and smoke less
    -He was always there and ready to give me his his hand if I needed it.

    3.
    a. he has quite affluent hair
    b. "Hello? Is this Gitae? How many meals did you have for today? The experts from news articles said that breakfast is the most important meal!"

    4. I was confused because I can't tell who said this: "Just promise me that you will eat healthy food, drink less alcohol, and smoke less!" It seems like your grandfather speaking to you, but according to the double quotation marks, it's what you said to him.

    5. Because he got a phone call from his grandfather right before he sat down to write this essay :)

    6. I wonder what he normally wears because it helps me to imagine the person better.

    201301511 Yukyung Bang

    ReplyDelete