Sunday, October 30, 2016

KIM HYUN JEE/Task 4.2 & 4.4 (p. 108-109)/Narrative Composition(2) Tuesday & 09:00~11:00

Task 4.2

 

7am in the morning is quite an early time to wake up or even go to school. However, this is my daily routine. Almost every morning at 7am, I'm in my dad's car going to school. He usually drops me off at Jonggak station. I had about an hour till then, so I closed my eyes and tried to open all my senses. I took some time to concentrate.

Inside the car, I could hear the news reporter reporting about today's weather and traffic. Occasionally, I could hear my dad's frustration and him murmuring few words about the traffic jam. Just by the tone of his voice, I could guess that he wasn't very happy. Outside, I could hear cars honking at each other. I could also hear the sound of cars passing away in a fast speed in the highway. Car smells like a fresh laundry detergent or a scent that you usually smell in the candle store. I could guess that he just changed the air freshener into a new one that I bought him few months ago. It was either the scent called 'blue ocean' or 'morning sunset'. I couldn't tell the exact scent. In my mouth, I could taste the sweet hot chocolate that I have been drinking all morning. It is level of sweetness is too much for me to handle. I love the car ride in the morning due to hot heater on the chair. I can touch the hot air coming from under the seat. It feels warm and cozy making me fall asleep.


Task 4.4

Task 4.4

When I was ten, I used to share my room with my sister. Although we each could have separate rooms, we were just being normal sisters, wanting to do everything together. Our room was at the top floor next to the room where we usually put our clothes. It made me feel like I was living inside Harry Potter's house for some reason. Our room was a special place for me in my childhood because of my memories in that room. Inside the room, it was a typical girl's room filled with Bratz dolls and items anything in pink. Through the window, I could see my neighbors swimming or riding a bicycle. I could hear my neighbors shouting and laughing while they were swimming and riding a bicycle. I was never annoyed at them, but instead was 'fun' to look at what they were doing.

I loved everything that was inside my room except one specific thing. Lizards. Living under the hot tropical weather of South East Asia, it was impossible to escape from the lizards. They were everywhere. Under my bed, on the ceiling, in my closet, in the toilet, they were everywhere. It was a daily routine for us to hear screaming at the sight of lizard. The sound of us laughing at videos of 'Sabrina the Teenage Witch' or 'Lizzie McGuire' was common, but the sound of us screaming at the lizards was unforgettable. Rainy days were the worse. Not only lizards were there, but I could also hear the sound of frogs from outside. I remember one time I touched the trail of lizard without knowing it. That feeling is something that I still remember until this day.


1 comment:

  1. I think you expressed different expressions of sense in balanced way. It makes the image so vivid and clear that I can imagine how it would be.
    For task 4.2, I think it would be better to use the same tense. You used past tense in whole second paragraph except last several sentences.

    Yousun Jung

    ReplyDelete