Sunday, October 16, 2016

Gitae Shin/Task3.3(3) & Task3.4(1) (p.76)/Narrative Composition(2) Tuesday & 09:00~11:00

Task 3.3

3.

Write two or three sentences that describe your reaction to this imaginative essay that makes use of metaphor.

: In my case, easy metaphor is not hard to understand the meaning it implies. However, from time to time it is really difficult. This imaginative essay with a few metaphors make me think of how the guy would be like, but in the latter part, I got lost and confused by the writer's strategy, which means I could not get the picture of him.

② Is the writer's use of metaphor effective?

: Well as I mentioned above, it was very effective until halfway, but it gave me the reverse effect in latter part of essay partly because of my reading comprehension.

③ How does it make you feel?

: The way she described and portrayed him made me think of one girl who might have a similar image like his, so I became calm and bit sad at the same time.

④ What does it make you think about?

: Just what I have said above, it made me think of a girl giving off similar image like his.

 

Task 3.4

1. Write a metaphor about a person you know.

Sometimes I myself act as if I were a woman.

My father is a well-packaged gift as he gives me surprising presents from time to time.

My mother reminds me of a small and calm pond which usually stays still but once a rock is thrown it floods over with anger.

My sister looks like giraffe as she is super tall and has super long legs unlike me.

No comments:

Post a Comment