Sunday, October 30, 2016

Alyssa Yoo/Sixth Post/Narrative Composition/Tues. 9-11 a.m.

201300001 유서현

Task 4.2

          I go to the back of the bus. I find a seat and close my eyes. The rays of sunshine gently touch my face and hair. It feels good as it provides warmth on a chilly day. The back seat smells strongly of gasoline, and I hold my breath to not let in the stinky air up my nostrils. Unable to hold it any longer, I just let it all out. It stills smells like gasoline, but the back seat is cozy enough for me to bear with the smell. The announcement says, "The next stop is Kyunghee University, Kyunghee University." I feel the person next to me getting up. She or he hits me on the knee with something that feels like a paper bag. I want to open my eyes and see the person, but I keep them closed. "Ding dong!" Someone must have pressed the red button. The road seems to be very bumpy. My body moves up and down and sideways. The bus suddenly stops, and so do I. I hear the doors open with a screeching sound. I feel the bus shake. It feels like many people are getting off. I can feel the bus lose weight every time someone gets off from their seats. Suddenly, someone sits right next to me with a big thump. I wince a little. Then, I open my eyes.

Task 4.4

          "Alyssa, get in." my friend said. She was sitting inside the car of her mom. There were three other people in the car: one guy friend and two girl friends from middle school. I hopped in and greeted my friend's mom and my friends. It was a Friday night, and we were going to the mall in our neighborhood.

          When we arrived, about five people were waiting for us in front of the Burbank mall. We jumped out of the car excitedly and ran to hug our friends. The Burbank mall came into our sight. It was very big, and people went in and out of the building through a glass door. Friday nights after school were often reserved for the mall.

          I saw a man dressed casually hold the door open for us after seeing us go for the entrance. It was normal for any American to do that, and we walked slowly toward the door and thanked him. "You're welcome," he said.

          There were a lot of people in the mall. Some were going up on the escalators and some were going inside stores. The floor was very glossy, and one could see the reflection of oneself. The air smelled of perfume and food at the same time. There were a lot of teenagers our age, and I liked watching them have fun. It was like seeing a reflection of ourselves. My friend's mom had gone, and we had all the freedom to ourselves.

          We went into a store called Hot Topic. It was one of our favorite places because they sold all kinds of cool stuff there. Inside, it was very dark and almost everything was black and red. The store was very gothic. There were skulls here and there. Although we did not buy anything, we had fun looking around for cool shirts and accessories with spikes on them.

          We were all hungry. We went up to the food court where they sold pizza and some good Chinese food. The air smelled delicious. We waited in line to pick our side dishes from the variety of Chinese food there were in front of us. There were ten of us, and it was always difficult to find adjacent seats. There were seats outside, and we split our group in two and sat with plastic trays in our hands.

          When we were done eating, our last stop was the arcade on the first floor of the building. The guys in our group played DDR(Dance Dance Revolution), and the girls collected tickets to win prizes from small arcade games. There weren't many people at the arcade, and we almost had it to ourselves. We freely walked around the arcade and played any game we wanted.

          My friend's mom came to pick us up after we were done playing. We excitedly talked in the car about how much fun we had. When we arrived at my house, I thanked my friend's mom and got off. Days at the mall were always great. The Burbank mall is a place where I often hung out with my friends, not thinking about anything other than having fun. I really loved my time there, and I miss it so much.

3 comments:

  1. I really like what you wrote for Task 4.2. You expressed different senses and made it interesting and easy to follow. All details helped me imagine how it would be.

    Your Task 4.4 is also interesting, but I think it would be great if you add some more detailed description about the mall itself as it seems like your main topic. I think if you explain little more what you did--How did you play DDR, with which song? How was the game?-- and how the mall looked, it would be much easier to imagine it.

    Yousun Jung

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you ended your writing with the sentence, "than, i opened my eyes." Although i want to know more about what happened after you opened your eyes, I think it was the perfect way to end your writing.
    I also enjoyed your second task! Maybe you can add little bit more description or information about the mall, like why that Burbank mall was your memorable place, whats different from other malls, or something like that. I enjoyed your story!

    ReplyDelete