Saturday, October 29, 2016

Changyu Kang/Task 4.2 & 4.4 (p. 108-109)/Narrative Composition(2) Tuesday & 09:00~11:00

Task 4.2

October 29th 4:41 PM I'm at Twosome Place, a café located nearby Seoul City Hall. Now I'm closing my eyes and making use of my other senses. I'm breathing air in café which is little chilly but also fresh. There comes cool air whenever door is opened. And there is a delicate aroma of brewed coffee. I can hear background music in café whose lyrics are not catching, though melody does clearly. I can hear people's voices too. It is not clear what they say but their voices were mixed up with background music making atmosphere in café more vivid. My improved hearing thanks to losing my sight makes me hear people's footstep and sound of dragging their chair. And there is sound of drum outside the café. It seems protest against the incumbent government is about to start.

 

Task 4.4

  When I was high school student, I was mad at basketball. I always played basketball whenever all classes were done. In spring / summer / fall me and my friends played the ball at the park, whereas winter at the gym. I remember for now playing basketball at the park in fall. In fall, I could see a sunset while I was playing basketball with friends. The park was dyed red and orange. We were all in sweat although the weather was really cool. Since it was early evening at weekdays there were not many people at the park. So our voices which were all about basketball filled with the park. When we took a little break, we drank up waters and Gatorades. I can't still forget the taste of them. They were freaking cool and fresh. They relieved all my stresses. And since we are all in sweat, I could smell friends' smell of sweat and mine. Ball was always in my hands. I always felt its grip feeling. At the park with my ball and my friends, there was nothing I wanted at that time.

2 comments:

  1. Your story of playing basketball at the park seemed exciting. I was able to tell how much you loved to play basketball from the last sentence. You used lots of descriptions using the sense of sight, smell, and hearing.
    I think you can improve your writing by adding more details overall. I felt like the writing was more about playing basketball than about the park itself.

    201202334 Kweonho Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the part you describe the cool air coming in through the open door because I'm feeling the same(I'm sitting near the door at starbucks, and the air is cold, rather than cool.) Also, I like the words you use, especially the words related to senses, such as chilly, vivid, delicate, etc. If I make one suggestion, I think it would make your writing more vivid if you use 'hear', instead of 'can hear.'

    201301511 Yukyung Bang

    ReplyDelete