Sunday, October 16, 2016

HyeonJu Oh/ 5th Post/ Tues 9-11 am

Task 3.3

3. I think that using the metaphor is effective. It makes the essay more interesting and also encourages me to keep read. By making some objects into things that are familiar to general people, it helps readers to imagine objects easily. After reading the expression like "He is the brother of the rain", I could imagine that a man who sacrificed a lot and the writer's sadness about that.

Task 3.4

1. My younger brother is a giraffe






Sun


In the morning, especially when the sun shines like a diamonds, I miss the boy who I really loved in the past. From now on, I call him as 'Tutu'. Tutu was a special one. He was good at every sport and his body took shape like a professional model. His face was rather common, but his smile was the most wonderful thing that I had ever seen. He and I were in the same class when I was 16 years old. But at that time, because he was kind of school-gangster and I was really ordinary student, I didn't even imagine that I fell in love with him.


My class room overlooked the playground. It was a fine after noon, the sand of the ground was glittering. Some students who played soccer during the lunch time were about seemed in a hurry because the bell was ringing. The teacher came to the class and Tutu also did. He was standing up in front of the back door, wearing a short sleeve T-shirts and short pants hardly down to his knees which were soaked in sweat. In his side, there was an old soccer ball. His seat was last low in the class and so did I. Therefore I could hear his puffed breath and have the scent of his dim, weird smell of sweat near my seat. The smell was not bad. Actually his scent was reminding me the smell of dried laundry under the sun. I understood why peoples like him.


Although the teacher started the lecture, he had no will to study. He just flapped his wet shirt. Suddenly he saw me. At that moment, the sunshine that penetrated the window poured over his head. He was lightening like the sun. He told me.
"Can I see your textbook together?"
"Sure." I said.
And he got closer to me. I felt the fever. During that class, we shared some dull jokes, and I was getting defenseless toward his warm voice. He smiled refreshingly. His smile was bright enough to erase all the shade in my mind. Laughing and talking in the back low with small voices, I fell in love.


After the time passed, we were getting the best friend. Like a destiny, we lived in the same village and one of his friends lived in the upper floor of my house. So we could get together easily. He was the real sun. Excepting his external aspects, he helped handicapped friends and tried to protect weak students from school violence. And whenever I walked near the vacant lot, I saw tutu that playing soccer with a lot of kids in our village. He was the sun that I couldn't approach because of its brightness. It was my first love. I told him about my love 5 years ago and still we are the best friend. Even though I failed to realize this old love, I think it was so honor to me to love the person who resembles the sun.

Hyeonju Oh

2 comments:

  1. Do you know the movie "Love Letter" by Iwai Shunji? Your essay reminds me that movie. Its hero is not similar with Tutu, but its main topic is also first love.
    I like your second paragraph, as I think its image fits well with the 'sun'.
    But I see some sentences with grammatical errors or little unclear. For example, the sentence 'Some students who played soccer during the lunch time were about seemed in a hurry'. Maybe you can delete 'were about'.
    You told him about your first love.. five years ago. It would be great if you add some more sentences about it, because it made me wonder.
    Thank you for lovely story.

    Yousun Jung 201003163

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. He was the Sun.

    2.
    He smile was so bright like the Sun.
    After playing soccer, his glittering sweat looked like the Sun.
    His behaviors to help others were like the Sun.

    3.
    What the person looks like:
    He was good at every sport and his body took shape like a professional model.
    What the person does:
    He helped handicapped friends and tried to protect weak students from school violence.

    4.
    I think it's just a spelling error.
    Did you mean "row" for "low"?
    And for a moment, I needed to find out why you compared him to the Sun. What about adding some more sentences to clarify the similarity between him and the Sun? Like, "He was shining everywhere for others who needed his warmth."

    5.
    She was in love with him when she was a teenager and it has been a great memory for her.

    6.
    Do you know how he thought about you when both of you were in the same class or when you told him your love 5 years ago?

    201203589 Choi, Won-joon

    ReplyDelete