Monday, October 31, 2016

HyeonJu Oh/ 6th Post / Tues 9-11 am

4.2

It was freezing cold. I took my cardigan out of my backpack and put it on. I wished I took my wallet from home, because the sweet smell of baked bread made me hungry. The smell was quite familiar to me, and actually I found out that I missed it for about 8 months. One of my dissatisfactions was that I couldn't eat those kinds of breads, which were alike the fish except the winter. In fact, the situation that I had to close my eyes in some public places was quite weird, so I was pretending to fall asleep during the time that I waited my bus arrived. Maybe some guys spent money for buying them. First, I heard clinking coins, and right after that, two boys were giggling, so it might be sure. The seller asked them, "How many Ing-a-pain that you want to buy?" "Six." One of them responded. After the pause, he suddenly shouted. "Wait a minute!" then the other boy told him some cuss words. Shouted boy asked the seller. "Can I change the sort of breads? I wish that 3 of them will be filled by custard cream, not the red bean paste." And the seller said "OK". With a heat wave from the booth, the smell of freshly baked bread made me happy. It was sweet and salty at the same time. I could imagine that the softness and the mellowness of the custard cream. Underneath the crunch, crispy skin, there were fillings flowing like the lava. Anyway, I didn't have money to buy them and it was true that my mother always told me not to eat the food which had made near the driveway.

 

4.4

 

There were never many students in weekend. Maybe only seniors were allowed to enter facilities to exercise in weekend. It was a lovely school, no matter how old it was. I liked to stay somewhere calm, and at least where I can see clouds in the sky. Some kids who seemed to live near this school just showed up and disappeared after they play with a soccer ball. The first time that I came to this school-especially the playground- was 7 years ago. When I had a hard time by some reasons, I wanted to find some places like shelters. And finally I found. This school was a pretty special. It was an organization where raised professional athletes. So there were so huge playground and some facilities for various exercising. Well, I was not a pre-athlete. It was not my school. However, I loved the place so much, because when I went there, all of my senses which were so nervous got being comfortable.

 

First, I sat down on stacked mattress. The mattress was warm because of the sun. Then I lay on it. I could see the whole sky without any interruptions in my sight. It was gorgeous and this landscape is hard to see in Seoul anyway. I just saw clouds which are flowing slowly, and heard sincerely the air blowing. When I felt sorrow, the sunset behind the school was the best consolation for me. Actually I was still a high school student, and even though some facilities had opened before I arrived, sometimes I worried about that the security saw me and evicted me from there. Then I got out of the school, and went home. I walked all the way. It wasn't too far, and I wasn't tired.

Hyeonju Oh 

I sent this essay to the wrong address before :(

No comments:

Post a Comment