Sunday, September 11, 2016

Changyu Kang/Exercise 2 (p.11) /Tue 9-11

 Write about a pleasant experience you have had with writing. How did this experience affect your attitude toward writing?


Whenever I want to write something for recording my special day, I write down something. actually I type it on my facebook and save it as confidential just for me.
When I was doing my internship at last semester, I wrote about an big event which my team held. I wrote what I had felt at the scene. It was about hardness of making marketing strategy, controlling people & scene and greatness of seeing what my team had discussed become real. It was really helpful for me to think about my future career and my aptitude, I realized I am quite fit well in this field. I like something live. this writing experience makes me write more, and also makes me think thoroughly before writing. before moment, I have written whenever I have an idea or inspiration on something. but now I write after thorough thinking to make my word more logical and more plausible and also more sophisticating.   

∙ Describe how writing was taught in your previous schooling by answering some or all of these questions: How often did you have to write? What kinds of topics did you write about? Give one or two examples. What kinds of comments did the teacher make on your papers? What was considered more important: the content of your papers (your ideas) or correct grammar and spelling (how you expressed them)?


I always have to write when I took a exam. because all professors wanted me to write a essay for exams. so I have written about the topics which my professors threw to me and I tried to write down in a logical way and clearly. the topics was about my major, advertisement, marketing and communication. I could get the feedback through grade. when I study hard and write down the answers which I can understand and feel it is plausible on my own, then they give me A or higher. if not, they give me C or lower. and there was no specific feedback on my papers. but I think they focus more on my ideas than my grammar or spelling. they have always emphasized on logical writing based on logical thinking.  


∙ Have you ever done any writing for yourself only – letters to friends or relatives, journals, diaries, poems? If so, explain how this writing was different from the writing you did for school assignments.


Like I sad, I have written about something for recording on my facebook as confidential. and It's very different when I write for school assignments. when I write for myself I focus on my feeling and my thoughts. so It is very personal thing. besides, I don't have to show mine to anyone. and It has no deadline. so I feel kind of free when I write for myself. since it is personal thing, so It could be less clearer than school assignments. It is rather close to freewriting. but I believe It is more helpful for me to either improve my writing skills or organize my thoughts than assignments.

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you got to be sure about your future career through writing! I think you benefitted from the most positive aspect of writing when you did your internship. I wish I can experience the same as yours too.

    Yukyung Bang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing only for yourself and writing in classroom seems totally different. As you said, there are some standards such as deadline, showing others... or something like that. But as you tried something close to freewriting, it would be the good basement of 'classroom writing', too. I don't think it would be so different, and I think you would do well as you have written many. I cannot wait to read your essays.

    Yousun Jung

    ReplyDelete