Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Yukyung Bang/Ninth post/Narrative Composition Tuesday 09:00~11:00

201301511 Yukyung Bang

1. Describe your own reaction to conducting this interview. Was it easy or difficult? Why? If you had a chance to do the interview over, what would you do differently?

I thought it would be easy, but it turned out to be difficult. Because I interviewed my own sister, it was hard to keep a good listener's attitude. Also, as the interview went on, I had to add or skip the questions I had prepared in advance as her answers were much more different that I expected. If I do the interview over, I think I shouldn't prepare the questions expecting certain answers. And I would ask more detailed questions as too abstract ones can lead to an answer that does not correspond to the intention of the questions.

2. Read your essay aloud and listen to the sound of the words. If possible, audiotape your reading and then listen to the tape. What did you like most about the essay when you heard it being read aloud in your own voice?

What I liked the most when hearing my own essay being read aloud was that I felt how much I care for my sister. And there were parts that I did a good translation job of her answers and what she meant. 

3. What else do you want readers to understand that is not yet included in your essay? Write out these new parts and decide how you can include them in the next draft to make your essay more complete.

My essay was supposed to focus on the years for which we have not lived together and how much she grew mature and independent during that time. I included almost all of her answers in my essay, but I had to leave out how she became interested in the field of film because the essay became too long. In the next draft, I will figure out a way to include that information without making the essay too long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment