Sunday, December 4, 2016

Changyu Kang/Ch.5 Essay Revision Plan/Narrative Composition(2) Tuesday & 09:00~11:00

1. Describe your own reaction to conducting this interview. Was it easy or difficult? Why? If you had a chance to do the interview over, what would you do differently?

It was difficult because what interviewee said was different from what I had thought. Before interview, I made a hypothesis in addition to a series of question and it turned out to be wrong. Of course since it is just personal hypothesis, it might be wrong. But I think I didn't deal with the situation appropriately. If I had a chance to do the interview again, I will prepare several questions in case the situation which is different from my expectation.


2. Read your essay aloud and listen to the sound of the words. If possible, audiotape your reading and then listen to the tape. What did you like most about the essay when you heard it being read aloud in your own voice?

First, I like the place we met. I proposed a bar to interviewee which made us feel comfortable and I think it made she answered my question honestly. And I also like the fact that I made a hypothesis before the interview. I think it gives interviewer a direction to the interview. In my situation, although I couldn't deal with the situation it was wrong, I still think it is way better than just throwing prepared question.  


3. What else do you want readers to understand that is not yet included in your essay? Write out these new parts and decide how you can include them in the next draft to make your essay more complete.

What I want to include my final draft is about inconvenient moments when she use smartphone. She generally content with smartphone services. She content with various contents and speed of smartphone, LTE service in this case. But she said it was very annoying whenever smartphone got loading. When she reads webtoons or watches video through smartphone, which is very often because she is 'smartphone dukhu', she can't endure even a momentary loading time. This fact was very interesting to me so I am going to include my final draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment