Sunday, December 4, 2016

Kim Young Woo / 201203937 / Narrative Comp Tues/ Plan for Revising

1. Describe your own reaction to conducting this interview. Was it easy or difficult? Why? If you had a chance to do the interview over, what would you do differently?

The interview was actually easy for me. Perhaps it was because he was a very close friend of mine, and I felt very comfortable to ask him whatever I wanted without having to worry about whether I was being to insensitive or personal. If i had the chance to do the interview questions, I would focus more on the questions that I had no idea about. What I mean by this is that, I already knew some of the things about his situation, but for the sake of the interview I realized that I was asking him questions that I already knew the answers too.


2. Read your essay aloud and listen to the sound of the words. If possible, audiotape your reading and then listen to the tape. What did you like the most about the essay when you heard it being read aloud in your own voice?

It seemed like I was telling a story about someone's real life. Also, I was able to hear the flow of the transition of the interview. I personally didn't like hearing it from my own voice, but it allowed me to hear all the errors in grammar and sentences that could use revision.


3. What else do you want readers to understand that is not yet included in your essay? Write out these new parts and decide how you can include them in the next draft to make your essay more complete.

I will try to elaborate more on what he learned from his experience in prison and also how he came to peace with himself with the friend who got him there in the first place. I will try to incorporate this part towards the last paragraph. Also, I would want to add a little more about the details of living in prison. I would add this in the part where he explained about the bird bath.


No comments:

Post a Comment