Sunday, December 4, 2016

Choi, Won-joon/ Plans for Revision/ Narrative Composition/Tues. 9-11 a.m

1. Describe your own reaction to conducting this interview. Was it easy or difficult? Why? If you had a chance to do the interview over, what would you do differently?

The interviewee was my friend Dong-cheol. So, it was really comfortable to conduct the interview but before long I came to know that this coziness could be a problem. While interviewing, my friend and I talked about other things regardless of the main subject of the interview. We talked about other friends, school works and information about part-time jobs, and so on. Additionally, as Dong-cheol did not concentrate on the interview, he answered in short words to my questions again and again. So, I had to question about more details repeatedly and try to draw his personal stories. If I were to do it again, I would let him know that this is my interview that is really important not only for my life in Iran but this Interview Assignment in Chapter 5. Then maybe I can expect his seriousness and sincerity toward the interview.

 

2. Read your essay aloud and listen to the sound of the words. If possible, audiotape your reading and then listen to the tape. What did you like most about the essay when you heard it being read aloud in your own voice?

 I liked the sentences with quotation marks, especially this part: "Congratulations! Won-joon, you're going to Iran next year!" I know that indirect quotations are also essential when writing down the spoken languages that had been interviewed. However, while reading my first draft, I felt the direct quotations are more understandable and interesting.

 

3. What else do you want readers to understand that is not yet included in your essay? Write out these new parts and decide how you can include them in the next draft to make your essay more complete.

When revising my draft, I'd like to add the description of Dong-cheol's reactions while talking. I'd like to describe and show his feelings through his facial expressions or behaviors and I won't just tell them to the reader. Detailed writing must be required when doing this.

Furthermore, I came up with other important questions that I didn't ask the interviewee. And those questions are not the questions that could be answered by him. So, I conducted an additional interview with another friend who is now in Tehran for his study. I couldn't but interview him through mobile phone, so I couldn't see his face or feel the atmosphere he was taking the interview. However, his lively experiences and anecdotes were so interesting that I want to add these contents into the next draft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment