Sunday, December 4, 2016

Kweonho Lee/ Plans for Revision/ Narrative Composition/Tues. 9-11 a.m

1. Describe your own reaction to conducting this interview. Was it easy or difficult? Why? If you had a chance to do the interview over, what would you do differently?

Conducting this interview was not easy because it was awkward for me to interview my family member. Because we always had informal, daily conversations when we met, asking some formal questions was not familiar my grandma and me. However, we soon got used to it after a few minutes.

If I had a chance to do the interview over, I would focus on some other aspects in the interviewee's life. Instead of focusing on her present life, asking about her childhood which is about half a century ago, would also be interesting to the readers.

2. Read your essay aloud and listen to the sound of the words. If possible, audiotape your reading and then listen to the tape. What did you like most about the essay when you heard it being read aloud in your own voice?

 What I liked about my essay was that the quotations were vivid. Before reading aloud in my own voice, I did not know whether my quotations were specific and appropriate or not. However, after reading them aloud, they seemed vivid enough to make me recall the memories of conducting the interview.

 

3. What else do you want readers to understand that is not yet included in your essay? Write out these new parts and decide how you can include them in the next draft to make your essay more complete.

 I'm considering adding some more information about my grandpa. Through the quotations, my grandma tells me that he was a dedicated, kind man but I didn't include enough information to help the readers understand his characters.

 Actually he had a poor childhood. He lost his parents from The Korean War and had lived in Seoul with his little brothers. Since he had to take care of his brothers, he started working in the bank at an early age. He worked really hard and he was able to become a manager of the bank branch. Then, he met my grandma and married her. Because they had a big family with 3 daughters and a son my grandpa had to work hard to earn money for his family. He spent most of the days working in the bank.

 I think I can include this information in the part where I introduce my grandpa briefly. It will effectively explain why my grandma loved him and missed him so much and thus make my interview more complete.


201202334 Kweonho Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment