Sunday, December 4, 2016

KIMHYUNJEE/Plans for Revision/ Narrative Composition/Tues. 9-11 a.m

1. Describe your own reaction to conducting this interview. Was it easy or difficult? Why? If you had a chance to do the interview over, what would you do differently?

 

As I expected before, the interview was difficult for me. I interviewed my mom and it was difficult for me to come up with interview questions. I wanted the interview questions to connect one and another, and it was difficult to do it at first.

The only thing I would do differently next time is to have a voice recorder or something to (later) check if I missed any information.

 

2. Read your essay aloud and listen to the sound of the words. If possible, audiotape your reading and then listen to the tape. What did you like most about the essay when you heard it being read aloud in your own voice?

 

Although it feels weird reading it out loud,  I found grammar mistakes that I didn't notice before.  There were actually a lot of them. By reading, it made me think twice whether my grammar is correct.

 

3. What else do you want readers to understand that is not yet included in your essay? Write out these new parts and decide how you can include them in the next draft to make your essay more complete.

 

I think in the next draft, I want to add my mom's emotional stage. Reading it now, I noticed that I forgot to mention her emotions. Specifically, I want to add what my mom felt when she was compared to her brothers and her current emotional stage (how she feels now looking back). By including descriptions of her emotional stage, I think the readers will have a better understanding about my interview/mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment